Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Week 1

As you can tell from my blog title, I focus on the population of people with special needs or handicaps. This focus is important to me because I see the way that people stigmatize and oppress those with disabilities and how most of the time they cannot fight for themselves. One of my main goals is to help those with handicaps in any way that I can to give them fair chances in life like everyone else has. To me, sociology is the way we observe how others use their experiences in situations and why they differentiate across situations. I also like to refer sociologists as “professional people watchers” because we’re always observing and studying peoples’ social interactions.


Sociology is an important study because it is how we can make social changes and hopefully results in a better society. When someone practices sociology, it helps question people’s social interactions and targets socially incorrect statements/ attitudes. This happens on a daily basis and across all environments. Whether we know it or not, sociology is being applied all of the time. It doesn’t have to be in an academic setting or just with other sociologist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment